top of page
Stanrose® Seacare OSD-I
Stanrose® Seacare OSD-I” is a biodegradable hydrocarbon based product with high dispersing efficiency and low toxicity. It is approved as a Type I dispersant according to LR448 specifications by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA) formerly the UK Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAFF).
Oil Spill Dispersant, Type-I
Features and Benefits
Stanrose® Seacare OSD-I is used to disperse and clear accidental oil spills on deck and in the sea. It can be used as Tank Cleaner for crude oil and paraffin Contaminations.
Product can be used as a tank cleaner for the removal of heavy oil contaminations like crude oil, paraffin etc. It can be used in combination with Stanrose® Sea Clean or Stanrose® Bio-Degreaser HP.
Flash Point Above 61
Not Compatible Do not use with natural rubber, may swell synthetic rubber
OIL SPILL ON WATER
Where possible contain any floating spilled oil, using oil booms. If the oil layer is too thick, pump or skim off as much as possible. When most of the spilled oil has been removed or the spilled oil cannot be contained, apply undiluted. For small spills, spray using a portable hand spray. Allow the product to react with the oil, then disperse the mixture using water from fire hose or other mechanical means.
For large spills, use spraying equipment connected to the side of a motor boat. Ensuring the spray is directed over the spill. Spraying can also be done from aircraft fitted with spraying equipment.
OIL SPILL ON DECKS AND BEACHES
Remove as much spilled oil as possible with oil absorbent. Spray undiluted over the spill and allow the product to react with the oil. Disperse the mixture with water from a fire hose. For spills on beaches and on rocks the mixture will be dispersed by natural tidal wash action.
Method of Application
TANK CLEANING – CIRCULATION METHOD
Recommended tank-cleaning procedure for removing stains from tank linings using Stanrose® Seacare OSD-I.
1. Mix solutions of Stanrose® Seacare OSD-I either in tank bottom or void space.
2. Dilution rate with water between 4 % and 10 %, depending upon light or heavy contamination (see above). Recent experience has shown that a 8 % - 8.5 % solution secures successful cleaning. To boost up the cleaning, an additional shot of 2 – 3 % Stanrose® Sea Clean or Stanrose® Bio-Degreaser HP an be added to the metering tank.
3. Do not use the entire quantity of Oil Spill Dispersant Type 1 in one solution for all tanks to be cleaned. Save a few drums (2 - 3) to “boost” the solution for cleaning the last 20 % - 25 % of the
4. Tanks to be cleaned.
5. The solution may be used at ambient temperature, however,
it is suggested that an increase of the cleaning temperature to
maximum 50 °C will enhance the cleaning ability and shorten
the cleaning time.
6. Proceed to recycle the cleaning solution through the tank
washing system for a period of two hours minimum per
machine drop. Usually a cleaning time of 4 hours per tank will
7. At completion of chemical application begin washing down
with water, using maximum pressure available.
8. Inspect tank surfaces and if there remain some stains, spot
clean with undiluted Stanrose® Seacare OSD-I directly on the
stained area. Allow a reaction time of 30 minutes and then rinse
Storage and Handling
Store in a dry place, keep container closed when not in use. Avoid contact with skin. Wash with large quantities of water.
In case of contact with eyes, treat with large volumes of water and see a physician.
Avoid contact with eyes and skin. In case of contact rinse with plenty of water. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks and open flame. Ensure that the working area is well ventilated.
Store at moderate temperatures in dry, well-ventilated area.
25 Ltr. / 210 Ltr.
bottom of page